Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sweet New Pics

I've been putting off knitting this bird for aaages because the only pattern I could find didn't really make sense but I finally finished it this morning, after some modifications..

These images of the bird and nest are, for the first time in quite a while, images that I am completely happy with!

After these images I think I've decided not to sew the bird onto the nest/eggs like I had planned to because she looks much better placed at a distance. I don't know how this will work on the nikau palm they are destined for but I'll give it a go!

I put some wire into the toadstools this morning to keep them nice and steady when they're in the traffic island. I think once they are in a suitable environment they look less like the popsicles they resemble otherwise which is a bit of relief I have to say!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are right, the birds nest in the tree is amazing!